Change the color of the icons in the virtual graffiti area, of the background and key colors of the virtual keyboard.
KeyColor works on the following PDAs:
- PalmOne Tungsten T3
- PalmOne Tungsten T5
- PalmOne LifeDrive
- Palm TX
Download the PRC file below and store it on your computer. Double-click the local file so it is added into the Palm QuickInstall tool. Do a HotSync so the program is transfered to the PDA.
Select a mode for the color picker: RGB or Palette, as you prefer.
Click on one of the 4 rectangles. A drawing or text label (this is selectable in the menu) describes which color will be changed:
- DIA Icon color: this is the color of the icons on the virtual Graffiti area (also called Dynamic Input Area, hence the "DIA")
- Key color: this is the color of the text shown on the keys of the virtual keyboard.
- Background color: this is the color of the background of the virtual keyboard.
- Graffiti Ink color: this is the color of the Graffiti stroke that gets displayed on the screen when the "Graffiti On Screen" mode is active.
Once you are satisfied with the selected colors, click on Apply and the colors will be assigned. It is normal that the virtual Graffiti aread closes and opens, you can only change its colors when it is closed.
keycolor.prc (62 Kb)
keycolor.zip (29 Kb)
- 1.0 (29/01/2005) : First release, with support only for changing the color of the icons in the virtual graffiti area.
- 1.5 (28/02/2005) : The keyboard background color and key color can be modified too - Now running on the T3 and T5.
- 1.6 (01/03/2005) : New UI, with images showing what will be changed - Menu entry to set all white (original colors) - The color picker configuration choice (RGB or palette) can be changed and is saved.
- 1.7 (02/03/2005) : The current mode of the virtual Graffiti area is now preserved when changing the colors.
- 1.8 (30/05/2005) : Added support for the PalmOne LifeDrive.
- 1.9 (16/10/2005) : Added support for the Palm TX.
- 2.0 (30/03/2006) : You can now change the ink color of the Graffiti stroke (when in "Graffiti On Screen" mode).
- 2.1 (31/03/2006) : The icons in the virtual Graffiti area can be displayed in monochrone or in color.